driver download.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
me again , :) prob of me own now/ looking for a free driver download site for a / nec dvd-rw nd 3550a/ ive been into google but they all lead me no where of any help./ . anyone know of a site ? if not can i buy the software without the drive ?.
regards, r.r.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a decoder to play DVDs, writer software?

I'm having feelings of deja whatsit.

:) not sure i know either, what i have been bought is a NEC DVD-RW ND 35550A. so i can burn me own dvd ,s or copy them from the dvd rom which was allready fitted [ windows xp ] it will take + or_ disc,s
i fitted it and it plays any dvd,s or audio disc,s and will copy a dvd from the dvd rom allready fitted.
anyway i went into .comp/ and DVD-RW drive [ e ] and then recording box at end ,and it says enable cd recording on this drive . so it seems it isnt reconizing it as a dvd recorder etc./
[ im trying to burn my own dvd,s ]
so im told it needs the software that will reconize it for what it is . ? hope this helps.
:(

and thanks breezer i got that site u sent/ knew u would find it on google :) thats why i put it on here :LOL: . cheers, fed up , 2 jobs on the go , dunno what im doing . hate comps. going to bed. / regards, r.r.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean with "and will copy a dvd from the dvd rom already fitted"? I believe Win XP anly supports CD burning - Do not know of a free DVD burning package - I use Nero - the older versions are often available cheaply but you need to ensure your recent model drive is supported!

Hope this helps

MikeD

hi, mikeddavies, an all./.what i mean is we [ daughter ] put a dvd in top dvd rom driver and then copied it to dvd disc in the new nec dvd -rw-. i dont think she put it onto the comp first , she was finding out which was master and which was slave ? so she knew it worked ok/
my trouble was burning stuff from my comp , camcorder stuff , short film clips etc.
i had a version of nero on here which had been used in the past/ but it wouldnt do it for some reason.

but i went to comp shop today and asked about any software to support the new--nec dvd -rw , to which he said none was needed/ and it could be cus it was older version of nero as you say/ .so £7 out of pocket for new nero and it now burns all and sundry/ :D
so problem solved. and yr right i could not find a free burning pacage. :) live an learn. so big thanks to all for help. hope my answer is not clear as mud. . regards. r.r. :)

Hi redrunner - glad you got it sorted - many thanks for having the courtesy to let us know the outcome!
MikeDDavies

thanks for that imfo ...pchelpman, ive took note of that site you mentioned/ and yes ive got it sorted now but never to late to post imfo on these things , its allways handy to know of these sites, and for others who might need it as well./ regards. r.r. :)

Sponsored Links
Back