Painting directly onto SE plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to try and avoid plastering the square edged (wrong one...! should have been tapered) plasterboard I have just put up on my bathroom ceiling and walls. Does anyone have any tips on getting a really good finish and hiding the joints and screw holes.

Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
dONT TRY AND FILL IT IN ONE GOT...BUILD IT UP ON THE JOINTS

mAKE SURE THE NAIL HEADS ARE BELOW THE SURFACE

i FILL THE GAPS FIRST THEN PASTE THE TAPE ON..im not experience enough to joint boards properly.

The caulk over the top

Sorry about the caps..ive just looked up and seen the caps lock on...ad im not re-typing it!

Hi Zampa
maybe I did not explain very well..... ! I have put up square edged plasterboard and want to know if I can fill the joints and just paint it. There
is no space for jointing tape as it would be raised and visible. Would the joint be prone to cracking if no tape was added?

Im affriad not...when it all settles into place and the wood shrinks or expands you will ed up with cracks..

You could trying lining paper though, one you have filled the joints, double line it for good measure

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Zampa
I have decided to skim it after all because I think that will be the end result anyway

Cheers :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back