sewar gas

D

DaveMiles

Hello,
I have just had a loft extension done at my house which has been signed off. i.e approved.
However depending on the wind direction i get an awful smell of fish in the loft? Most of the time there is no smell at all. However the last time it was quite severe. I have since noticed the soil stack pipe is below the level of my velux windows. Could gas be leaking in to my loft this way? If so is there anyway i can overcome this i.e fitting an external dirgo valve or something?

Sponsored Links
FISHY SMELL...

can be overheating electrical fittings. See if you have any junction boxes or light fittings that are too hot.

Could also be a loose connection, esp. in a shower switch, overheating, or a socket or immersion heater conection.

That vent should be carried above the velux :cry: ...either internaly or externaly.......NO bleeding durgo :cry: sounds like another one missed by build control/architect /builder and uncle tom cobbley.......internal then penetrating roof with lead slate would be easyer........just like on my chalet bungalow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back