The life of a combi boiler?

Sponsored Links
it doesn't supprise me that the evreage combi boilers lifespan is aonly approx 10 years as they do a hell of a lot of work. I hate to think how many times a day the boiler microswitches and lots of other electrical moving parts move. Every time a hot water tap is turned it has to go through quite a sequence so no wonder the parts get worn.

fits 1 I buy from PTS in Scarborough, but I am their biggest independant so they are interested in my business, fitting 3 buderuses this week alone aswell as fitting in a factory visit to Worcester.

They were alittle upset with me wearing my Buderus jacket, I just said get me one of yours then. I also said that if they tried to take my Buderus one off me I would talk to their boses at Bosch Thermotecnic about their attitude towards the sister company in the group.

It might not have made me popular but I thought the way to sell your pwn product was not to complain about the other product but to showe the positive aspects of your own.

I can say that the plume management and telescopic flue hit my hot button., I am also impressed that they now exclusively use the right sort of heat exchangers (modelled along the sort of lines Buderus has been doing for 30 years)

Nice of them to take me Clay Pigeon Shooting and cross bow which I won, never knew I was a first class shot.

I did like the Worecsters, but they could do with making the main frame so that the sides remove for ease of service, even Vokera are ahead of them on that, let alone Buderus.

Plus points of the ranges are that all parts are basically the same so few parts need to be stocked. The people who assemble them (basically it's just an assembly plant) are all working impressively and the plant is very impressive. As I worked in Dagenham Engine Plant and Woolwich plant of FMC as an Internal Control Coordinator I have some knowledge of what makes a good production facility. Worcester is excellent, and the scrap rate was .2% on that day .8% for the month, very impressive. Testing procedures also very comforting to see carried out so expertly.

Their boilers would fit into a tighter space than the Buderus.

So I don't think they need to be so shirty about Buderus, there is place in the market for both members of BBT.

MD has a nice gaff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back