Walk in shower enclosures - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, seen a good offer on a walk in shower enclosure (1400x900) and wondered if anyone has got/used one and what your opinion is of them?

I'm currently planning out a new ensuite and have the space to take one but the budget is around £600 for the enclosure, most seem to be in the £1,000 range. B&Q are selling this and to me it looks very competitve ... http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...r&fh_eds=ß&fh_refview=search&ts=1156537142319

I saw the smaller model in a shop and thought that it would make sense to go for the bigger one but as I say I have no idea if they are any good at keeping the water within the unit and not on the carpet!

Sponsored Links
walk in shower units do the job, however the tend to be alot colder to stand in than a fully enclosed unit due to the lack of the door (so customers have told me).

carpet is unhygenic in a wet room.

looking at the link it will be no more water tight than any other tray and screen. A good installer\fitter will provide the best possible protection, but silicone seals always perish (especially if you gob on them) so once fitted get it resealed every 4 years for leak free living..yeah!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back