Pipe from combi boiler fitted in an 'arc' shape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having a bit of a nightmare with a local plumbing firm and what I believe is shoddy work.

One of many things that I am querying is the connecting of the waste from my newly fitted kitchen sink to the sewage pipe, i.e. the one that takes the waste from my toilet....is this legal?

I am also concerned that the white plastic pipe (condensate pipe?) that comes from the underside of my new worcester/bosch condensing/combi 30si boiler is connected to this same kitchen waste. I am worried that there is no trap inside the boiler in order to prevent smells from the sewage line coming back into the house. The plumber has also secured the middle of the 'condensate' pipe to a joist. Unfortunately the joist is 18" higher than both ends of the 3 metre long pipe, leaving the pipe in an 'arc' shape. I am worried that this is an attempt at contriving a trap for the boiler. The plumber says that it is secured to prevent it from sagging in the event of too much water.

I am sorry that I have no pictures that would help you guys, your advice here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
greenockboy said:
Unfortunately the joist is 18" higher than both ends of the 3 metre long pipe, leaving the pipe in an 'arc' shape. I am worried that this is an attempt at contriving a trap for the boiler. The plumber says that it is secured to prevent it from sagging in the event of too much water.
Thanks

LOL :LOL: Sorry! have they been on tv before? Get some pics of the job to show us.

Have a look in the boiler manual - it will give precise details about the boiler condense pipework. The Worcesters normally incorporate a 75mm condensate trap and can therefore be connected directly to the waste stack.

It must have a continuous fall towards the stack. Serious damage may occur to the boiler if this is not the case since the condense water may not drain from the boiler.

The condense will only be a few litres an hour ie equivalent to a fast dripping tap so not a huge amount of water.

Check the plumber is registered and has the C&G energy efficiency ticket - he sounds like a cowboy.

Sink to "soil pipe" should be ok.....well it would be if I`d done it :eek: ie. it`s not against regs. but anything is possible from what else you said :cry:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, they are very much appreciated. I will do my best to get some pictures but as yet I don't have a digital camera.

Many Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back