help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I realise I am just a girl but I was under the impression that I could not have a power shower fitted because I have a combi boiler. However, I have been advised that I can have this done. Is this true? I don't want an electric shower and I'm not fussed on the mixers that I've seen. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
you cannot have a PUMPED shower as you cannot pump mains water

you can have a "combi friendly" thermostatic shower though, if the combi has been installed on a decent mains supply (like it should have as the installer should have checked this before the combi went in) and that will be a great shower

have a look at http://www.grohe.co.uk/t/25_735.html

Of course you can have a power shower :cool:

Whether it works or not depends on the mains pressure and volumn, and the ability of the boiler to deliver.

Make and model of the boiler to start with.

Mains pressure is.

How many litres per minute can you get out of the hot tap.

Must learn to type faster :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You cannot have a power shower i.e. a pump connected to the combi for pumped hot water.

Having said that, if the gas line to the boiler is adequate, boiler has been serviced (as prescribed by the makers) regularly, water flow from the spray head should be adequate. 9.5l flow rate from the smallest comi is far better than an electric shower flow rate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back