Ariston microGENUS 23

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have that above boiler that keeps switching itself off during the night.

THe first time it went off the pressure dropped to 0, so i topped it upto 1.5 bar. I've also been round and bled the radiators and then topped it up again.

THe heating/hot water will be fine during the day/evening, but it will never come on in the morning.

The actual error is "Shutdown due to insufficient water circulation", is there anything else I can try doing? I've been told just to keep bleeding the rads and topping up and it should hopefully correct itself.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
The only time you ever need to bleed radiators is when they are hot lower down and cold at the top.

You should check the pressure regularly and not wait until it creates a fault condition.

If it works fine all day and the pressure stays at 1.5 Bar then its difficult to immagine what can only happen at night! The boiler does not know if its night or day!

I would suggest you monitor the pressure every hour across a day and as much of the night as possible. You might have a leak.

Tony

Hi Tony

its stays at 1.5 now. The first time I bled all the radiators and then topped it up, it stayed on for 5 days. now the fault seems to have come back

Another quick question. if i bleed the radiators, should the pressure stay the same or will it go down anyway?

Chris

Sponsored Links
There's no point at all letting water out. If you frquently have "air" to let out that's corrosion a product, hydrogen, which you need to sort out.

Yes, bleeding gas or water would make the pressure drop.

First thing in the morn the pump might be sticking. Remove screw, insert screwdriver and see if the shaft turns freely.
Or the flow switch could be faulty, or the pcb, earlier ones gave intermittent faults.

You could have a go at checking the pump (just dribbles a bit usually, but do catch the water)
I think the connections are rather buried for the flow switch , and I wouldn't advise you try to change the pcb. It needs the gas setting up, and you'd need to call ariston because all the instructions don't come with it! (They do get a lot of calls on that one :rolleyes: !)
Intermittent faults can be very hard to pn down...

Thanks mate

Off the top of your head, do you know how i would go about checking the pump? I'm gettign annoyed now having to keep going into the loft to reset it :LOL:

I can post a picture of it if you need to point me in the right direction.

I Appreciate your help
Chris

everytime the boiler goes off and i bleed the bathroom radiator, it will come out clear for about 5-10 secs and then come out like frothy water (like the head on a beer) and then go clear again. this keeps happening. any ideas?

The only time you ever need to bleed radiators is when they are hot lower down and cold at the top.

Surely the water coming out should remain clear, and not alternate between clear a gungy white liquid?

Is there anything I else i can look for regarding the boiler switching off with a "insufficient pressure" error? the gauge always stays at 1.5 bar

sorry, i was told to keep bleeding the radiators and topping up until the water finally runs and stays clear?

:rolleyes:

do you know how i would go about checking the pump?
see post 11.25.
Pump is on the right. Might say Ariston or Wilo on it.
If it always resets I doubt it's the pump, unless say it has cooled every time.
Smelling pcb-ish :cry:

When you open a pressurised bottle of drink it fizzes when the pressure drops - you're probably getting a bit of that.

hello Chris, have you checked the pressure in the expansion vessel? is the automatic air release valve open? are you getting any drips from the pressure relief outlet ( blow off pipe )?

Andy.

Thanks for the replies

The pressure seems ok. Its around 2 bar when on, and when its in its error state its always around 1.5. When i first got the error it was indeed at 0.

I can't see any obvious drips or dampness. i will check again this evening as see if the pressure has dropped again, and try tightening any valves etc

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back