zanussi not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've an ageing (10ish years) Zanussi that is refusing to spin. I've had a quick look from the underneath and the belt seems to be OK and the drum turns by hand so I'm guessing it could be a problem with the motor (brushes?).

Not sure to go about checking this though as access seems pretty limited - the back doesn't appear to be removable(?).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The cabinet should split into two halves. Look for the hidden bolts at the bottom on the sides.
Carbon brushes are the most likely problem.

There are indeed a couple of screws top and bottom holding the two halves together.. I was a bit wary of taking these apart because the electronics, drum, etc appear to be attached to both halves of the case. I'll take another look this evening.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
There are two hidden ones, Look at the joint of the cases, near the bottom are plastic plugs, take the plugs out and the hidden screws are there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back