washing machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hy, my daughter is in the process of buying a new w,machine/ so has been shopping around.
there was one machine she was told would most suit her which was a bosch ? or is it boch ? [ dont know model at this time ] and it has only a cold water supply, and no hot supply as it is cheaper for it to heat itself ?for whatever prog its set for/ also it has no econemy setting, but instead it works the wash prog itself by weight of washing put into it ?
so if anyone could please give me any imfo on todays modern machine and what she might mean i would be gratefull , so i can then explain it to her in non shop jargon. regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
Can't comment without a model number.
As to no hot fill, most machines are cold fill only now.
Bosch are a decent make of machine, Siemens the same.

"Which" did a Washing Machine test report in the July 2006 issue - you should be able to see it at your local library. As usual, Bosch was one of the best and most of the "Best Buys" were Bosch:

Bosch WBB 24759 Logixx
Price: £716
Score: 70 %
(very large)

Bosch WFL 2067 Classixx
Price: £299.99
Score: 61 %
(easy to use)

Bosch WFO 2467
Price: £365
Score: 64 %
(High standard at reasonable price)

Bosch WFX 2868
Price: £389
Score: 63 %
(Quiet and generally good)

Bosch WFR2869
Price: £468
Score: 67 %
(good washing results and better than average rinsing)

Miele and Siemens also scored well but are more expensive.

AEG had 3 good models.

In November 2005 "Which said "Bosch the best for domestic appliances" for products and reliability.

Have a look at http://www.boschappliances.co.uk/products-wm.aspx

I have no connection with any of the companies mentioned, except that I am a "Which" member.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replys, passed imfo onto me daughter/ who now tells me they have a bosch machine on order and hoping to collect it tomorrow [ fri ] still dont know model number , not that it matters now i suppose , as instructions will of coarse be with it./ .........IF/ only they had told me before i asked for advice. :mad: anyway. regards. r.r. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back