Washing machine problem - help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washing machine (Whirlpool model AWM328) goes through wash cycle OK, but stops when it gets to rinse/spin. Have checked all obvious things - puzzled by level sensing air pressure switch. This has 4 connections to it, from the programmer. Blowing through the tube, 3 of these connections seem to provide a Single pole, double throw (ie. a change-over) switch function. The 4th connection doesn't seem to do anything. Don't understand this (could be faulty?) but also don't understand how this could explain the problem. Is this a red-herring? Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Blowing into pressure switch you should get 3 levels of switching. It could be a faulty pressure switch.
Does the machine stop full of water or empty?
Try swapping the hot and cold inlet valves over. If it goes through a wash it's a dodgy cold water inlet valve.

Many thanks for your response.

Will try swopping the hot & cold feeds. Re. the level switch, I found the part no. on the switch - this enabled me to find the switch manufacturer's website which had technical data on it - seems that this switch is only a single level switch, according to their data.

Thanks again for your response. Will advise if swopping H & C works!

Not the feeds, the actual valves on the machine you need to swap over.
Then connect the feeds as normal.

Sponsored Links
Ah! Got you. I was a bit puzzled as to how this might work! Will try swopping the valves.

Thanks.

Have tried swopping the valves as you suggested - it worked!
Have now fitted a new valve - problem sorted :D
Many thanks for your advice. :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back