Banging noise from Hoover Performa 1100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Hoover Performa 1100 washer/dryer has started to make a REALLY loud banging noise during its spin cycle.

I've noticed that part of the front panel of the machine has been beaten out of shape - something inside the machine is obviously banging against it.

The deformed area is a couple of inches in diameter. It is situated 10 inches from the floor, and about 3 inches from the right side of the machine. (It's only slightly deformed - hard to see, but easy to feel if you run your fingers over it).

The machine is 5 years old, so probably in need of replacement.

But just in case, I thought I would ask here. Maybe it's something simple (a spring coming loose?) that I could fix myself.

Thanks in advance.

Elliot

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I just took the back panel off the machine and peered inside with a torch.

There's a big crack in the concrete weight that is fitted around the front of the drum, and it seems to be coming away from it moorings. (As well as beating a large dent in the front panel of the machine, it is also digging a hole in the concrete floor below.)

It all looks pretty grim to me!

(Suprisingly it still manages to was a full load of clothes., albeit noisily.)

Am I right in thinking that I need to buy a new machine? Or can the concrete weight be replaced? If so, roughly how much does it cost?

Many thanks

Elliot

Sponsored Links
It could be replaced, big job mind, tub out of the machine to do it.
No idea on cost though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back