Quality Combi Condensing Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need an new boiler, might as well get a good one. Thinking about Vaillant - are they any good? Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
sadly there are no quality condensing combi boilers pot luck im afraid

or you could get the 1001 points exemption and fit a standard efficiency boiler which should last approx 12 to 15 years otherwise your stuck with a condensing boiler which will keep going wrong throughout its and your life !

Paperspace said:
Need an new boiler, might as well get a good one. Thinking about Vaillant - are they any good? Any other ideas?
read lots of threads on this subject. everyone has their favourite, but find a good installer as that is as important as the boiler itself.

Atag or Viessmann are the best quality boilers on the market. not surprisingly they aren't made in uk :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hmmmm! I've checked some of the other threads now and it seems not many people like condensing combis. They sounded like the best thing since sliced bread when I first read about them. Just trying to save some £££s on the gas bill (maybe help the planet a bit too). Perhaps I'll look at some solar heating and keep my trusty old Glow worm 85-100 which has been going strong for 20 years.

If it aint broke don't fix it . What u gona save in gas u can double in repairs & thats after all the installation cost. ( I'm not a fan of condensing though if it don't show) I'll be happy to change my opinion when they'l run for 10 years + without any more than a service.

dont fall into the trap

a good condenser with TRV's, room stat etc, will save you money.

its not just combi's that are condensing, all other boilers (heat only, system) will be condensing anyway so you have no choice if you want a new boiler (unless your on oil or have a special exemption- determined by the impossabilty to reloctate a back boiler unit).

an older simpler boiler will not break down as much (in theory) as there is less to go wrong so if yours works maybe you should keep it until it dies then upgrade.

If you want solar look at the packages that Baxi are throwing out now. (complete with solar optimised cylinders).

Note: solar and combis dont mix (alone) unless the combi feeds a cylinder which is supplemented by the solar. - expensive but if you have a few bathrooms etc maybe an ideal system.

ChrisRoberts said:
Solar does work with a combi. Just have a look at the alpha website. http://www.alpha-boilers.com/index.asp?wpid=131 Althought this is only a drainback system and as such isn't really the best.[/url]

yeah and other combis can run off solar but to be honest it is not the best way of using solar heat. You need to store lots of it as tommorrow the sun may not shine.

chrishutt said:
micky p said:
.......as tommorrow the sun may not shine.
Now you've got me worried.... :(

Lol. you know what i mean. Today you may be able to heat a 300litre unvented cylinder to 65deg C and tomorrow you may not get enough sun to heat it up so best bet is to store plenty and make it last. Boiler is always there as a backup.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back