britony se80 electrickery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly thanks for earlier replies on the se 80 pump. this is still the same problem really, the 2amp fuse keeps blowing. I stripped the electric connection box off the top and it was wet inside (due to pressure switch leak), dried it all out but to no avail. With a good fuse in and the main power on the pump is making a buzzing sound and gets very hot, took the front off and it is free to turn. Due to my lack of electric knowledge i'm stumped. I think that maybe the poor pump has gone to a better place and needs replacing unless anyone has any other ideas. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply, i took the vent plug off to prove it was free to turn but can't prove its running as the fuse blows everytime i turn it on. I know it would be easier just to change the pump but the person i'm doing this for is skint so i'm trying all avenues first so any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

dollyg said:
...the person i'm doing this for is skint ..
Skint? Don't they own a flat/house? That musty be worth a few bob. Stop farting around and get a pump head.

Sponsored Links
dollyg said:
can't prove its running as the fuse blows everytime i turn it on.
Get a length of flex with a plug on the end, put a 3A fuse in it, disconnect the existing flex from the pump, connect your new flex to it, turn to minimum speed, plug in, switch on.

If the fuse blows then it's a faulty pump. If not then... well, you can work that one out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back