Hot water too hot!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - a first time post for me. Our hot water is too hot! - I've turned the thermostat on the boiler down to min but it's still too hot - I think it's coming out of the tap at about 65degrees. The info inside the boiler says the max is 82degrees. The boiler's a Glow Worm hideaway. Is it likely to be a thermostat problem? Does anyone know what the recommended temp for hot tap water is? Thanks PS Don't worry fixing this is not something I'll be attempting myself!

Sponsored Links
Is there a thermostat on the side of the hot water cylinder? Try 55º.

No - we don't seem to have one of those. There is the thermostat for a disconnected immersion heater. Anything else I can do do you think? Thanks.

You're stuck with the boiler stat then unless you add extra controls, which may well require extra plumbing, depending what you've got. It could be the boiler stat has drifted a bit high, but they wouldn't go much below 65.

It may not be unreasonable to update the controls to modern standards and keep the same boiler. It may cost say £250 but would have to be done anyway when the boiler is eventually changed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back