G/Worm Swiftflow 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a problem with the pilot going out for no apparant reason.
Suspect the overheat stat.The pilot looks clean enough.Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
:idea:
1 Fan stopping sometimes and casing overheat, fan should run constant but at lower speed when no demand present.
2 Case buckled at bottom and causing air to be sucked into combustion chamber affecting pilot flame stability.
3 pilot partially blocked (may even need a purge on pilot tube with injector removed due to build up of carbon inside tube .)
4 dhw flow switch sticking.
5 pump stopping

corgi job only

Thanks Gazza I am Corgi reg.
Casing ok and fan speed cutting down ok,just I have an inkling the O/H stat may be faulty.
Pilot burning ok and pump running fine.Thanks

check o/heat stat with multimeter put to mva clip one to thermo couple other to terminal on stat repeat on other stat if reading not equal change stat , could be weak thermo couple to i normally replace both if suspect as an outside bet possible scaled heat exchanger

Sponsored Links
Ooooooooohhh replacing a part that "might" not need replacing, hope rogue traders havent got hidden cameras, just the sort of petty thing their "expert" would moan about, smacky wrists all round.

I have glowworm swift flow 80 heating side is ok but no hot water also pump very noisey could this be diverter valve problem

The swiftflow doesn't have a diverter valve.

Is the boiler pressure about 1 Bar with the radiators cold?

If the pump is noisy it may be worn out as these boilers are getting on a bit now although I find they are generally well made and I look after several.

The hot water problem may be due to the flow sensor or board connections breaking.

You may be able to get hot water temporarily by turning on the heating and turning off most of the radiators (you must leave a few on).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back