kitchen tap leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a monobloc kitchen tap which has been leaking. I removed the stem which holds the washer. The washer has been shredded. I put my finger into the chamber/tap body and felt the seat (which the washer touches when turning the tap off) it has a bit missing. So everytime i turn off/on the tap the washer cuts into this jaggered seat and eventually shreds a bit which in turn causes the tap to leak.

Have put a new washer as a temporary fix. Don't fancy changing the whole unit because access is poor. I have heard there is something called a 'poppet' (think that is the correct spelling) which you can screw into the tap body. It provides a new seat for the washer. Has someone heard of this and if so where can i get hold of one and what is it's correct name.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply

have already tried the reseating tool. it is ideal for if the seat is pitted due to rust etc. my seat has a bit missing. i was hoping to find something like an adaptor/spacer which you screw into the tap body and then screw the stem into the adaptor/spacer. hope it makes sense.

if the seat`s got a bit mising lika cut...then it`s buggured :cry: you may find an insert/jumper kit @ a shed but they aint a mucher

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
if the seat`s got a bit mising lika cut...then it`s buggured :cry: you may find an insert/jumper kit @ a shed but they aint a mucher

looks like it is what i am looking for, an insert/jumper kit. what do you mean by shed? would be grateful if you can put a link etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back