Creaking Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our bath has always had a slight creak to it when moving around showering. However, we had some damaged sealant on the edge which I replaced, and so as not to get it too wet for a few days I have been standing at the opposite end of the bath to shower than I normally do for the last couple of days.

This morning when getting dry there was a lot of creaking whenever I moved around.

Is this something to worry about - I have never really had a creaky bath to this extent before. Maybe it's always done it and I haven't noticed before as I tend not to stand at that end of the bath.

Is it possible that leaving the bath full of (heavy) water for hours on end while the sealant drid and then standing at the 'wrong' end when showering has just given it a creak? What could it be, and should I be worried?

Are creaky baths, healthy baths?

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the feet (they are screw-adjustable) and check they are all in firm contact with the floor.

If you have had a water leak the floor (esp. if chipboard) may be giving way.

(heavy) water :eek: you got a nuclear plant there :LOL: H3O ;)

Sponsored Links
My cheap steel bath creaks - think its just slight movement between the metal cradle and bath - and the seals are all fine -I dont worry about it.

Nige F said:
(heavy) water :eek: you got a nuclear plant there :LOL: H3O ;)

:D A bathful of water must come in at 200kg or so I would have thought. That's heavy in my book!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back