Soil Pipe question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

If a new velux window in a loft bedroom was to be near an svp(within 3m), Is there something i can put on top of the svp (soil vent pipe) instead of re-routing it further up? Thankyou very much

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, i thought they were for svp's internally, cheers m8

they are .........unless you`re a hospital.....or asylum........ with Crown immunity from build regs ......or a barracks :LOL:

Sponsored Links
TY Nige, So my options are (if the velux has to go there) reroute vent to higher point which will be ridge level?

crown immunity has been abolished some years ago especially on millitary establishments. Health and safety are having a field day at a millitary inst where we are working because they claimed CI for so long that the place is now a death trap. PC gone mental if you ask me.

I think it was abolished across the board in the 90`s.......I was having a jest ;) .......saw durgo`s by the dozen on the old Vic. hospital where I used to have physio...all outside ....on old CI. stacks that had been butchered about :rolleyes:

I'll take that as a no? lol So ill route my soil pipe up through the insulation between the rafters to a ridge vent, or does it have to project higher? Cmon Nige - i dont think theres anything you dont know :LOL: cheers

SOunds better, cos an AAV doesn't let the pooey gases out, so they might bubble up through your traps. Ooo errr.

I'd also like to know if you can use ridge vents for the hideous things!

you old flatterer :LOL: ...I know about half what there is to know .......good on the old-school stuff but no knowledge of the new gas regs and part p`s etc ;) born a little too early

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back