3a external fuse blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi hope somebody can help i have a myson apollo 40b boiler & the external 3a fuse below it keeps blowing,to outline what i have done to the system,i wasn't getting any hot water unless i switched to ch & hw on the boiler i was told that this was probably the motorised valve so i replaced that noting all the wires.when i came to reconnect i realised the brown wire from the pump was also free not being sure were this came from i connected it to were another brown wire was which i have now discovered comes from the thermostat on the tank ? after turning all taps etc on i turned boiler on & all seemed well after about 20 minutes or so it all cut out & i realised the fuse was blown obviously i replaced it a couple of times & it blows straight away.i have even disconnected the valve & pump wiring to see if that changed anything & it doesn't!!another thing i have noticed is the timed/off/cont switch is very hard to push on to timed anybody got any ideas i would be very grateful

Sponsored Links
well the orange from the motorised valve should connect to the pump live usually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back