hot water problem

D

DeletedUser

Hello, I moved into my house in about 4 months ago and have a Worcester C1 combi boiler, the previous owners tell me it was working fine before they moved out but I am having problems with the hot water. To get the water to warm up the tap has to be fully open and the pressure very high but the water only gets warm and not hot. Usually it will stay at the same temprature or the pressure will drop and the pilot light goes out. Someone did come to look at it and changed the thermistor? not sure if I've got that right but anyway it didn't fix the problem and he wasn't sure what else it could be. The radiators work fine and I think the boiler is about 6 years old, it also was switched off for a while before I moved in if this makes any difference.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
"""Someone did come to look at it and changed the thermistor? not sure if I've got that right but anyway it didn't fix the problem and he wasn't sure what else it could be"""

I hope you did not pay him apart from a few pounds for the sensor. He should not have come if he is not competent to mend boilers.

My suggestion is that you call the sellers and tell them it is not working and ask them to send someone to fix it as they had confirmed it was working when they sold the property. A seller has a responsibility for the fixed appliances to be in good working order unless specifically excluded from any warranty.

Tony

Make sure flow rate is set to makers ins (about 9l per min) if so call in htg eng to check burner pressure as makers had a nasty habit of reducing pressure to stop noise when heat exchanger was faulty

Sponsored Links
Have a look on partsarena - several versions, came across one recently.

Well have finally got it fixed, my next door neighbour has a friend who is a heating engineer, he ordered a new water valve and fitted it for me today. All I have to do now is fix the dodgy kitchen tap, or just get a new sink and taps, and fit some non return valves on the pipes to the shower which he noticed were missing and then I'm done. Am now considering taking out some kind of cover for the boiler or is this a waste of money as my dad keeps telling me?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back