Is testing possible.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on a T622cw with regards to the stats or elements as i have tried drill and nail methods and still no heat, though the drum turns as normal.

Sponsored Links
I have tested the filaments/elements with a multimeter and all is good, but still no joy with any heat. Antone got any clues as to what could be causing this?

depends on how you tested it and what the results were.

what were they?

Sponsored Links
Basically unplugged the looms from the filaments and the spade connectors from the stats and then tested with the multimeter on ohms and all gave good readings so now i am stuck. Any clues

Although an engineer would look for the correct reading for the element it's safe to say that if you get continuity across the element you should get some heat from it. As you've tried bypassing thermostats (not recommended as these are easily checked with a meter) and still get no heat you need to check and see if there's a thermostat on the exhaust side of the dryer.
Normally these are on the front of a dryer or on the air chamber coming from the front of the machine. (very few machines don't have an exhaust stat). If fitted and open circuit then you'll not be getting power to the heater.
If no other stats are fitted and you still don't get power to the heater you need to start checking wiring back to the timer.
If everything else checks out fine then it can only be the timer at fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back