how to drain hot water only on Saunier Duval 30e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to drain down the hot water system and also release the boiler pressure.Will shutting the hot water outlet off,and shutting the cold feed in ,as well as draining the hot taps do this?I know it will take the hot water out of the pipe but will it release the boiler pressure?

Sponsored Links
No, you've got it wrong. Which makes me wonder what work you're planning to do on the boiler! Might be best to get a professional in unless you're willing to do quite a bit of research - studying boiler manual for example.

chrishutt said:
No, you've got it wrong. Which makes me wonder what work you're planning to do on the boiler! Might be best to get a professional in unless you're willing to do quite a bit of research - studying boiler manual for example.

Thank you for your help ,i t is because I have had in the past at least four professionals who appeared to know,only what I told them! I.E if I do this then is it caused by so and so...oh yes.or it isn't caused by that,is it..er .oh no. I do have and have studied the boiler manual and while it says ..release the boiler pressure it doesn,t go as far as to say how.Most of tyhese professionals say quite openlt that they will cure "most problems" leaving the door open if they are unable to pinpoint the problem

One corgi registered plumber had the dts through drink and it was painfully obvious that checking for a possible leak with a lighter stopped happening years ago ,he was an employee of British Gas.
I simply want to clean a filter on the boiler .I can see you resent my question,so why are you running a forum inviting questions?

I may not be the greatest boiler expert in the country but I have at least a modicum of common sense and certainly trust my judgement more than the "Experts".

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
and if you don't know the difference between the primary and secondry side you should not be playing about bonny lad :D

I think that just about sums you people up,"All work guaranteed until the cheque clears" Now you know why you are held in such high esteem ,to the extent that people have more faith in themselves ,than you lot. I am sure you have a lot of success with senile old ladies,and someone who isn,t taken in,is a bit more than you can obviously handle.

So glad I found this forum I will recommend it to everyone I don,t like.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the sig is a joke son ;)

you havent a clue what you are talking about and you want the learned on here to advise you how to dig yourself deeper

either get the book out or get somebody in

failing that try the "REFERENCE" section :rolleyes:

BTW insults dont work :idea:

isolate the flow and retun release the prv filter underneath the pump if it is a SD30E p.s prv will probably leak so another way is to put hose on system drain cock

gasgeezer said:
isolate the flow and retun release the prv filter underneath the pump if it is a SD30E p.s prv will probably leak so another way is to put hose on system drain cock

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D i rest my flaming case

Hey, kevplumb, you're on 9,999 posts! Your next one will be number 10,000! Congratulations? Or commiserations?

How else would you drain a boiler without a boiler drain cock then.Seems in the realms of d.i.yer without endangering the neighbourhood.

gasgeezer said:
How else would you drain a boiler without a boiler drain cock then.Seems in the realms of d.i.yer without endangering the neighbourhood.
Gasgeezer.The reason for my original question was because the "professional" who fitted it ,didn't fit a boiler drain cock,he said the way to drain it was to empty the radiators.I take it,that this time when it is emptied ,a boiler drain cock should be fitted where the hot water flow comes out.This leads me to ask why draining the taps, won,t achieve the same thing

You need to release the pressure out of your system as this boiler does not have a dran cock,there are two methods to achieve this with the boiler isolated release water out of the prv.The other method is with the boiler isolaters open, open a radiator drain off cock and release the pressure that way.If you are just working on the secondary side of the boiler then just turn off incoming water cock and open the hot tap to drain off. Ibelieve you want to clean the c/h filter so the primary(system) method will apply

gasgeezer said:
You need to release the pressure out of your system as this boiler does not have a dran cock,there are two methods to achieve this with the boiler isolated release water out of the prv.The other method is with the boiler isolaters open, open a radiator drain off cock and release the pressure that way.If you are just working on the secondary side of the boiler then just turn off incoming water cock and open the hot tap to drain off. Ibelieve you want to clean the c/h filter so the primary(system) method will apply

Many thanks gasgeezer I follow that perfectly

Joe, I think of myself as a professional in the business of repairing boilers. Its disappointing that you have such a low opinion of everyone in our profession.

I am so confident of my abilities that we offer a fixed price diagnostic fee and a no-fix no-fee guarantee. Obviously spare parts are extra. Furthermore we cover the Middlesex area!

However, its very clear to me that whilst you may have had bad experiences with some people, your primary motive is to do something to your boiler yourself just to save yourself money.

Your rather muddled initial questions demonstrates to me that you do not seem to have even a basic understanding of gas boilers and that makes me think that you are likely to get into difficulties or even damage the boiler.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back