Bosch W/Machine - Overheats and Soap Dispenser Distorts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friend has a Bosch washing machine (not washer dryer) washes OK but overheating occurs which has caused the soap dispenser to distort and stick. As well as internal distortion the front face has also distorted. The machine is about 5 years old and regularly serviced.

Not sure of the model but this one has the dial to set the temperature. Never set above 60 degrees.

This has happened 3 times since new and I feel that there could be a design or manufacturing fault.

Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
What has been replaced previously to sort this out?
The dial you refer to has a switch behind it with a capillary going to the bottom of the tub, this should have been replaced.

If I remember correctly (300 miles plus a few beers since I was there) the thermostat has been replaced plus any distorted parts.

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead said:
Looks like it's failed again.
Sorry to be a pain but how can it cause so much heat that the plastic distorts given the temperature at which plastic parts are moulded? This happens even when water is still in the machine.

It's boiling the water, the steam can only escape through the soap dispenser hence the reason the soap dispenser distorts first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back