analysers MFT's and calibration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK I knew I would have to eat my words. I now have to get my Kane 400 at the behest of one of the boiler manufacturers I am to offer a service for, that ratye the 400 highly for their boilers.

So here's the story, I emailed jmw who I only recently had it calibrated by, their first email response was just to quote calibration charges. I thought that was a very bad response and pictured a huge bill for repair plus calibration all over again.

Simultaneously the Megger MFT is now just over 1 year so it has to be calibrated. JMW don't do them, So I did an internet search and rang a sister company of Megger who said £140 trade plus vat, take it to local CEF 5 day turnaround. GULP GULP GULP!

A search for calibration under electricalUK part of this forum yielded no fruit whatsoever.

Had another go at google and came up with test-hire.co.uk £52 plus vat. They have a gas equipment repair company contact at Welwyn so I enclosed the Kane 400 for them to forward. Somehow I have more faith in a company whose own work is priced sensibly in not ripping me off for my analyser repair.

Same night a replay to further questioning of JML yielded more encouraging result, I don't have to pay for calibration again, send it in and we'll see if it can be fixed under guarantee (it's 20 months old). OOPS too late it's off to Welwyn.

Anyhow will report how tools- hire fair.

This calibration lark is money for old rope. £140 for just plugging in to a test bed, probably takes 15 minutes.

Adendum, the megger has a very nice carry case that protects it, the Kane's fault is that it is unsafe being hurled around the van. My fault 50% Kane fault 50% for not providing a rugged case (no case at all actually). Lesson learned, I'll get an aluminium case for it with foam cutout to suit. These things cost too much to let them get hurled around on a rollercoaster. My bad.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back