Myson Apollo boiler timer setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new house and it has one of these boilers (myson apollo) in it with a dial timer that you pull.

Its a dial where you pull tabs and it has a thermoastat on High & 0 & Low.

Does each tab that you pull set a start and stop point or does it amount to 15mins of time ? Does pulling the tabs mean it on or is it when its not pulled that it means the boilers on ?

Also does it need to be in a high / low thermastat setting or can it be left in the 0 setting ?

Sponsored Links
Try thermostat in "low" (in "0" it won't come on to heat your HW even).

Should be easy to work out what the tabs do once you get the boiler on - turn the knob manually. I think each one gives you 15 mins on.

high setting in winter , low setting in summer (when using hot water only) BUT it is an old boiler and the high setting can cause the boiler to overheat if it does just use the low setting it just takes a little longer to heat up
i have several of these to look after and at least half can only run on low setting

Sponsored Links
Hmm well I set the tabs for 2 hours of hot water, had a shower (works off the boiler) and it didnt appear to have worked.. however after I had the shower the boiler was on but it wasnt during its set timer period.

Thermostat in action I think.

Is my timer busted ? Surley it shouldnt come on outside the tabs period.

It was so much easier in my old house with my digital timers....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back