drayton rf1 thermostat temp reading slow to keep up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

How fast should the drayton rf1 thermostat room temp reading keep up?

My new one takes minutes to pick up changes in temp.

for example when i put it in the fridge it takes 5 mins to even start changeing temp.

It's brand new and i've not used it yet, but i'm concerned that it won't work very well come cold weather.

ie it will get very hot or cold before it realises and tells the boiler to shutdown.

is this normal?

Sponsored Links
No. It should send a signal to the receiver whenever the set-point is crossed, plus every couple of minutes.
Unless they've changed. Call Invensys.

i called them and they said it only updates by 1C every 8 minutes

this seems slow to me, but i guess i'll find out when it gets cold...

that is if it gets cold ;)

They have changed then. Sounds bonkers, will have to think some more. :confused:

It might be because of problems with them in halls. Eg someone opens the front door and the heating comes on.

Still sounds too slow though - everyone would think they're faulty!

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
They have changed then. Sounds bonkers, will have to think some more. :confused:

It might be because of problems with them in halls. Eg someone opens the front door and the heating comes on.

Still sounds too slow though - everyone would think they're faulty!

yep thats what i thought...

the guy on the phone quoted the problem with draughts causing problems, but the time limit of 1c per 8 mins seems excessive to me...

any recommendations on another type?

this is to go with a bosch 30cdi...

Honeywell CM67RF. Miles better. Check the instructions on the H site, which iirc is hard to find.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back