eurocombi diverter valve (engineers please)

Rob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone remember changing on of these recently. had a look at doing one today but found that 2 of the nuts were extremely difficult to undo without removing other components and pipework.

its the eurocombi with the E type valve. its on the right and at the back

any advice would be great, as i dont have the MI.

thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
This is really useful
Can't remember which spanners I used but it would have been a flexy basin spanner, and maybe some of
these
Also helps to have bendy flexy and offset ratchets to go with them
EG

Usually the bahco short - wide adjustable fits - 9029 I think it is.

I have the MI. Obvious really...

sorry kev i never got the actual model.
:oops:

thanks chris thats the one, its the two nuts to the left of the picture.
i tried my solid basin spanner but it didnt grip tight enough.

so your suggesting a flexy basin spanner with interchangable heads? would you be able to point me in the right direction for these, done a google but to no avail.

thanks again

Sponsored Links
There's a faithfull/ rothenberger/ridgid extending sprung one which is good cos you can slide the handle off, or ye olde monument one which doesn't grip unless you use a bit of string but goes into smaller spaces

tap-tool.gif

32481.jpg

Bahco 9029 6" long opens to 35mm, wide enough for all 3/4" or 22mmm nuts:
C405328-63.jpg

Ed - this is the pic of the 8" version

ill have to pick one of them up and hopefully it will go well. ive got a 3/4 one but obviously didnt work either.
its all experience at the end of the day!

thanks for taking time to post. ill give you an update when i next go back.

rob

i think the last time i did one od those i had to heat the nut up red hot then it undid. I think if someone else has had a go before with a pair of grips it can make the nut go oval shaped. They are a real pain to get to tho. Good luck.

Ooooh yeah, those are the ones where the nuts on the dhwhe are steel or something which corrodes, or there's some kind of goo on the threads. Tight as, um, something funny I can't think of. 1/2" bsp tap cleans them up or they're a right pain to get on the new one.

Handy stuff, heat.
violent-smiley-027.gif

I have changed the diaphragm in situ on that model.

If the lower part is stuck then I usually clean the boiler chemically.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back