Do you know your Bermudas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi Bermuda SP Firefront.
Quite good nick but the front trim strip, which I assume is anodised aluminium, somehow came off. The darling tenant obviously found it vexatious to her spirit, and threw it out. :eek:
That's the green part, item 5:
Bermuda-SP-Firefront.gif

That strip IS listed separately, but I don't know enough about what's supposed to be in there to know if there's anything else missing, or how it's held together. There IS a galvanised sheet which is indicated in pink, behind the cover, which is present but not fixed at all.
There are 1cm-ish sized holes along the lower edge of the metal pieces which make it look like some sort of studs came through from the missing trim strip.
I asked Baxi tech and they didn't know - said someone OLD would phone me back, but silence so far.
Does anyone know if the sheet I have is the "item 3, not shown, Shield- Heat Canopy"?
Anyone had one of these apart? Please have a look inside if you come across one in the next couple of days!
If I need more than the trim strip and whatever comes with it, I'll need a whole canopy at about £200.

Sponsored Links
i can get you some bemuda sports shorts for about a score with green trim

I saw an advert for the post of Baxi technical help adviser!

It explained the job and said NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE required!

Its not a job for an "old" person as the salary would hardly support a morgage when the cheapest 2 bed terrace in Leamington is £190K in Clapham Square!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Chris R,

Are you a plumber ? If you are i will do you a deal. I am taking one of those out, full back boiler and fire. If you come and connect my gas upto the new Combi, You can have it all mate :D

Saves me taking it to the tip as well. Hows that for a deal.

Its a long way from Bosnia to Antartica !

Are you paying Chris's travelling costs and hotels for the stop overs in London?

diyisfree - how about looking in the back of the hood and telling me what the bits are? :confused: Pretty please?
My email addy is in my Profile.

chris,

I will take a picture tonight, of the inner view and e mail it to you.

Will that suffice ?

Agile,

Never noticed the distance between us :LOL:

I love this forum, its "Well Hard" as my niece says....

That would be wicked. Phatter that Potterton's response so far :rolleyes:
I think there must be studs on the back of the trim strip which go through the hood and the bit I marked pink, with pushover clips on, or something.
Let me know where you are!

Chris R

Have e mailed you the picture. The galvanised sheet you refer to, screws to the trim that is missing..

Hope the piccie helps

Good luck

DIY

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back