Comdi Boiler reset light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Biasi Savio Acquapiu combi boiler keeps needing to be reset by pushing in the small pin button followed by the reset light switch. This seems to happen periodically. Some days we will need to reset after every use of hot water and other times we can go for a week without having to reset. I have had the boiler serviced recently and also had a new pcb fitted. Does anyone have any ideas ?
Yours hopefully
Rob

Sponsored Links
Had similar problem on a customers boiler a few years ago - turned out the jumper on the board was had been set to LPG (at the factory) and hence burner pressures were way out.

Was this checked and gas valve setup as per instuctions?

The overheat stat may have gone out of calibration.

I think Tony is more familiar with this boiler.

You are doing TWO resets but I expect only one is required.

The bit you push in is the overheat stat. If this trips AFTER hot water usage then thats caused by lime scale in the primary heat exchanger. The cure is chemical treatment but few engineers seem to know how to do that!

The red light is a flame failure and that is caused by another problem. Probably associated with the fan.

Having a service by someone who is not VERY assiduous is unlikely to have covered the second problem and certainly would not have covered the first although on performance testing should have indicated a potential problem. The service SHOULD have set the heating power output to the rads but again thats unlikely to have been set.

We would have charged £88 to deal with the first problem and £180 to deal with the second problem ( but that would include sorting the first as well ).

Unfortunately when you ask for a "service" its often seen as a "non-job" and does NOT include a proper performance check or setting the boiler in accordance with the manufacturers original commissioning instructions.

Tony Glazier

Thanks GasGuru and Agile.

Still havn't got round to sorting the problem out and it still occurs. I am looking to sort out before winter so have been asking a few different plumbers what they reckon. Most seem to think that the boiler is in need of replacing which then presents the problem of fitting a condensing combi which requires a waste pipe which is virtually impossible being in the position it would need to be.
In your professional opinions, would you say that a 10 year old savio acquapiu is worth spending another £2-300 on, or is it likely to only last a few more years ?

Just going to test the resets and see if they work independantly. I have always reset the overheat stat and then the flame reset one after the other.

Thanks for your advice

Sponsored Links
As I said, in London we would only charge £180 for the worst problem and possibly only £88.

Many people who cannot fix boilers ( and some who could ) prefer to replace the boiler as that is a £700 job for them!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back