potterton puma80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
boiler not working.
pilot is on but main burner doesn't light when c/h or hot water is demanded. the fan and pump kickin but it stops there. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
air pressure switch fault. clean fan venturi and fan tubes.

yep they were checked and i blew down the pipe to operate the pressure switch, still nothing

depends which tube you were 'blowing' down. try sucking

Sponsored Links
try sucking still nothing.
other enquires i've made suggest a problem with the gas valve, is it a possibility

travelman said:
try sucking still nothing.
other enquires i've made suggest a problem with the gas valve, is it a possibility

possibly, if its sparking. i was under the impression it didnt get as far as sparking.

He hasn't said whether it's a perm pilot or electronic,

so you can't assume it's going to spark, can you ?

Geof, read his second line where he says the pilot is on !!!

I would not have even suggested touching the APS if he was not CORGI registered.

The only way to determine the exact fault is to do some tests with a multimeter.

Tony

Agile said:
Geof, read his second line where he says the pilot is on !!!

Tony

"Pilot is on" is so vague that IMVHO (as always) it could be taken to mean either pp or E, especially as the pump and fan are both running (unless he's familiar with the sequence)

Yes, as are other things, but voltmeter readings needed to diagnose now.

A Puma problem - hurrah!

I've asked joe-90 and apparently it's most likely to be the flow switch solenoid dongle shaft circlip. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back