Do you need a soil vent pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nige F, Thanks for that, I did think there might be a difference. Maybe thats why all the bickering, as I dont think that had been mentioned.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
Its great reading the bickering between you two.
I followed the link to the Hepvo plumbing technical design guide. They do state, ‘ the inclusion of an air admittance valve in the waste system is no longer necessary’.
So should this matter be directed to Hepvo?

HepVo traps can replace the AAV. That is clear. It is clear many so-called professionals here don't know about them (introduced about 8 years ago and won an award). I know many homes that have used them on a one stack house WITHOUT a vent. The local council will tell you the regs on stack venting – usually every 4th or 5th house needs a vent. Hard luck if you are the 5th. This house had no vent just an AAV in the loft. The stack from the wc into the loft can be taken away if HepVo traps are used on all other sanitary appliances.

It is clear in their documentation. Many BCOs have never heard of HepVO traps. If the BCO says no, contact Hepworth and they will send the BCO a letter. A BCO can’t go against the regs either.

You seem to have stopped claiming that a HepVo trap can replace a vent.

Is that because you've realised that you were wrong, or because you've learned some words and understood what they mean?

Softus said:
You seem to have stopped claiming that a HepVo trap can replace a vent.

Is that because you've realised that you were wrong, or because you've learned some words and understood what they mean?

Can`t you give it a rest, or will you constantly harangue Water systems on every post that he submits. This is way past boring.

Sponsored Links
Hi there, thanks for all your help. I have (at last) put a t section on the outside wall just after the rest bend and put in a stack. Needed to dig up a bit of concrete and dig round the pipe, but pleased with the end result. I have put the polypipe valve on the end, is this ok to use outside? :D :D

I can't understand that! Excuse to use a new smiley though:
useless.gif

Polypipe valve = air admit. valve ? not too clever outside because of frost causing valve to stick by freezing the condensation inside ........but Hey we`ve got global warming now :LOL: maybe no more frosts

Don't worry Nige - all we need to do is remove all 4" vents and AAVs, use HepVO's universally, and nobody will need to go to France anymore. ;)

Butting in but I have one WC in my bungalow and no vent anywhere to be seen!

WC waste straight down into floor and runs deep to manhole. Nothing more or less.

Although the place is about 25 to 30 years old it must surely have passed building regs at the time.

Please note forum rule 20

I can't split it, so I will have to lock it :cry:

Venting the sewer isn't an exact science. In either a theoretical or an anecdotal decision, Building Control may well have passed the installation without a vent and without any subsequent problems.

For example, if the properties both sides of you were vented, then it's unlikely enough that any positive pressure will develop underground.

BTW, I know you're probably about to announce that none of the houses in your entire street has a vent, but that doesn't change my basic point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back