gas service and GSC price

Sponsored Links
Corgiman, does your firm named with three letters starting with "M" ?

Do you do some insurance repairs at a fixed price INCLUDING parts?

Tony

Agile said:
Corgiman, does your firm named with three letters starting with "M" ?

Do you do some insurance repairs at a fixed price INCLUDING parts?

Tony

our name does not start with "m"

but we do do that insurance work, and its doing this is way I think old guv's hair is grey and he is on his second cardiac arrest at 39!!!!!!!

:)

Is it three letters?

I think that I did a repair for him once around the A4 when he could not get the spares parts very quickly. We held them in stock !

The repair cost much more than £80 though, even the new PCB was about £89

The repair charge for a BBU is probably coincidental but properly reflects the 1.25 hours for the service and 0.5 hours for the LSC.

Tony

Sponsored Links
bster said:
just had qoute for a service £50 and GSC £60

only a Baxi Bermuda BBU in the property, located in the Rhonnda S.Wales.

is this a bit steep?

BBu`s pain in the ass for a service engineer especially on price work, with having to remove firefront etc.
Watch out for thieving dirty big companies (BG) using sub contracting robbers who will lash in a smoke bomb, check flame picture & F*ck off. They are paid about 6-8 quid an appliance & don`t give a monkeys.

If you are lucky enough to witness a BBU service, (normally involves `Henry Hoover` & sod all else) ask to see his flue brushes & when he is going to attack the heat exchanger with said brushes. He will probably go white & leave the premises.
I have a deep hatred for service engineers (only where I am, not all competent guys )..bragging about earning 150 plus a day & then attending their jobs at a later date & chopping appliances, scooping out 40 years of soot from catchment spaces & so on.
The big companies that they work for turning a blind eye to an engineer doing 24 services a day!

Get a private gas engineer out of local paper, guaranteed to do the job, check his creds, he should be there for at least an hour & won`t barge in with big muddy boots carrying no dustsheets, probably won`t even ask where your gas meter is...British Gas ........Doing the right thing.....now....bend over Mr. Gullible while I slip this outrageous Bill right up your Tradesman`s Entrance!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back