Hurricane generator (vent)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody. The inlaws had central heating installed in their council house, due to the back boiler in the living room requiring the appropriate ventilation a hole was easily knocked in the outside wall just above head height and a plastic grill fitted. I know this probably sounds fairly standard however here's the question..when the wind picks up, the inlaws end up with the heating full on and sitting on the couch with theirs coats on with the hoods up as the draught is sometimes fierce. Is there some kind of baffle/diffusor that can be fitted to allow the right airflow but prevent or reduce the draught.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kevplumb, I'll see if I can get the council to spring for it (and pigs might fly) more than likely I'll do it myself.

Cheers

Whats the crack putting it above head height. might as well open the window as well. they should of put it as low as possible. We used to put the baffle type behind the rad as low as posible it lounge rad was on the outside wall. stopped them blocking them up as well as deflected noise & drafts,

Sponsored Links
It's probably a round hole?? If so what's the diameter?? (fllip the grill out, if it's that type).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back