Gas Work Notification woops, missed one.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I omited to notify a boiler replacement 6 months ago, now that they are selling they need certificate.

I don't think it's possible to backdate 6 months with gwn (which is stupid in itself) so the options as I see them are:

1/ Notify it now for a made up date which complies.

2/ Create my own certificate since I am adequately qualified and competent to say it comples and inform the L.A myself.

I recently obtained 2391, beaurocratic issues in the sparky world are much better. I might well shift over fully.

In last 10 days I have twice asked corgi insurance side to send a copy of the policy to no avail, though the human on the phone assures me they will do it, and this year it took three attempts for my card to finally arrive.

I am sick of their inefficiency. You can't renew by phone within a month of renewal time.

Anyhow any thoughts on my conundrum, I see the option of asking corgi advice the last thing as it will involve a dressing down.

Sponsored Links
According to one of our inspectors, CORGI want everyone to do GWN but latest figures suggest that only about 65% of gas installers are bothering, and CORGI will be clamping down.

My guess is that you ring them to try to regularize the situation they will help you; after all if you have since been notifying it could have been an honest mistake. They want to be able to show the HSE etc that they have been successful in introducing GWN.

My advice would be to come clean and ask what you need to do. It is in their interests to help you sort it out.

as simond says come clean

They have experiance a few problems with it so am sure you will be grand

Have you tried GWNing it with the proper installation date? Despite what the dogs say about 10 day limits it might work (it did for me!).

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
Have you tried GWNing it with the proper installation date? Despite what the dogs say about 10 day limits it might work (it did for me!).

thought they had extended that to 28 days now chris, was told they did this cos RGI's were complaining that clients were getting it before they had paid for it??

still corgi aint it, not like they are the most efficent organization in the world is it??

I'm talking about months late. Worth a try to see what happens.

Looks like Chris has best plan, I'll try rough date.

OK I'll come clean, I have been so busy that admin has suffered and I haven't gwn'd for the last 6 months though I did get off to a good start with gwn originally.

I suppose I'll just have to go through the invoice book and gwn the whole lot, that should keep them busy.

I don't fell so bad about it now.

Don't know about you guys but I'm so pooped when I slump into the chair at home I don't lift a finger for the business, and as soon as morning comes it's straight on the tools.

They have completely misinterpreted my abilities that's for sure. This isn't the job I signed up for.

Like I say the sparky side is a lot easier.

Why bother in the first place, the client does not need the certificate to sell, it is not a legal requirement, and you are perfectly ably to notify your local building control at no cost.

so how does that work do it all?

This client is screaming blue murder moving abroad completion in a week solicitor says certificate needed.

Me between rock and hard place.

The problem is that some solicitors are jumping the gun and asking for the things which are/were going to go in the HIP.

A recent case the buyers solicitor was refusing to go any further until the seller produced the FENSA certificates.

The stupidity was coumpounded because there were FENSA certs for most of the windows but he admitted some earlier ones were not included.

The buyer told the solicitor not to bother with the certs but he refused to accept her instructions.

Tony

gasdave said:
so how does that work do it all?

This client is screaming blue murder moving abroad completion in a week solicitor says certificate needed.

Me between rock and hard place.

For more info join argi dot org dot uk

The HIP is not Law and is therefore irrelevant.

Notify the installation with you building control and tell the client to contact them.

You may have noticed that since the collapse of HIP, Corgy have reworded their spin to say, it's a condition of registration.

Funnily enough when I was away geting my BS2391 the examiner said that if a member of the public does their own electrical work the local authority has an obligation to inspect and test it for them for free. I have no idea where he got that from or if he's right, but isn't it interesting?

So what's the game now, government and their pupets (corgi niceic etc) make us spend an absolute fortune and completely change our jobs, then quietly walk away and leave us high and dry?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back