Low Pressure Toilet Flushin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope you can help me out here, but i've just had a new back to wall close coupled toilet fitted in the main bathroom, which doesn't flush properly.

I'm waiting for the plumber to come back and have a look, but thought i would try this forum to see if anyone can shed some light on the matter.

The water should be mains pressure, but when I flush the toliet the new water comes in at a very slow rate and nothing is flushed down the toliet (thankfully i tested this before using it!).

Cheers,

Rich

Sponsored Links
The water should be mains pressure
What appliance is it then? Isn't there a concealed cistern?
If it's replacing a higher cistern the flow won't be what you're used to. There have been many bad pans which don't clear their contents properly, but I believe the current ones are OK.

Is the handle lilned up properly so you can get a decent pull on the siphon linkage inside, assuming it has one - have a look?

Chris,

thanks for the reply and i think it's an odessa back to wall unit with a concealed cistern.

The old cistern was at the same height, but was not a concelaed one and was a handle flush. The new one looks as though it has a slightly smaller capacity and is operated by a push button.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
I think I`ve got an Odessa file somewhere .I`ll have a look in my archives

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back