baxi solo 2 will not shut down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi solo 2 boiler, and have a problem with the boiler shutting down, when the program is all off.
I have replaced the program with a brand new one thinking that was the problem but to no avail, anyone have any suggetsions as to what this could be many thanks

Sponsored Links
A motorised valve is stuck open.
Turn mains off. Find the MV(s) and the lever(s) on the end which most makes have. Again, for most types, you should have to press the lever against a spring to get it to the "manual " position. If you don't, it's stuck open.

Been trying what you said but I still cant get any joy? Is there anything else that would cause this problem that I could give a try to fix :confused:
Thankyou for your help so far ChrisR

The switch inside the valve could be stuck on then, without the moving part of the valve sticking.
What valve(s) have you got?

You could disconnect the Switched Live wire from the boiler - that should shut it off, and help the diagnosis. Outside chance it's a boiler fault.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back