Optima 701 expansion vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I will be changing the leaking expansion vessel on my Optima 701 just wondering if this could be done without removing the boiler from the wall !!! Well thought Id ask. Also can anyone advise the presure I need to put into it, cant find anythink in the installation manual. Many thanks Nick

Sponsored Links
Generally pressurise the air on the bench to 0.9 Bar and then the boiler later to 1.5 bar.

Most boilers allow the EV to be removed upwards but this needs about 450 mm clear above the boiler.

Many boilers have the flue blocking this access space and in this case then disturbing the flue should normally only be done by a CORGI registered person.

Tony

Do you mean its leaking water? or the diaphragm is holed or is the air leaking on the seam?

Replacing the vessel is not often that easy. If there is sufficient height between the boiler and the ceiling it may be possible to replace it. However the flue has to come off so this is really corgi teritory. If the flue is cemented solid in the wall this may not be viable. Taking the whole boiler off the wall is a lot of work.

Normally its easier to plumb in an additional external vessel (perhaps off the filling loop cconection). Leave the boiler vessel in place and if its leaking water just cap off the connection in the boiler..

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys for the replies. I know how difficult it is to remove as I installed this boiler some nine years ago and had it commisioned by a corgi registered installer.

Yes the EV is leaking water and the presure is all over the place. Looks like I may have to remove the boiler after all.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back