Integrated W/M moves all over the shop!!??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Coming to the end of fitting our kitchen, all appliances are integrated but I'm having probs with the washing machine. Firstly, I've had to put it on boards to gain height (which it says is fine to do in the manual). The thing is that it moves itself around the kitchen. The second prob is, as this is the end of the run, I have to build a side panel for it. Do I build this tight against the machine (and likewise the other side next to our butler sink?). If I do this I fear I'll have the whole lot shaking and dancing over the place, any tips??

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
You should leave a gap on either side.
If the machine is moving, then you either havnt leveled it OR you are not loading the machine correctly.
The boards you put it on to gain height is this a sheet of lets say ply or is it strips of wood. A sheet would be beter.

Yep it is 1 board sorry, I'll have another go at levelling it better, trouble is the worktop is in now and I can't bring the machine out to level it as the floor had a bit of a slope (not massive) will see what I can do!!!

Cheers!!!

All four legs must be firmly on the board and the machine level.
What make is the machine?

Sponsored Links
Have you removed the transport restraints? They'll be 2 or 3 Large bolts or similar. Should be on page 1 of the manual.

It's a Diplomat, MFI's make. Yep all the transit bolts are removed. The door bangs when it's starts to spin too.

Cheers!

OK, it's not level and all four feet aren't firmly on the board. The door bangs because of the movement/vibration from the machine.
Getting integrated machines set up properly is a nightmare as you also have the door shut line to consider.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back