Hotpoint WD61 door seal replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone please explain the easiest procedure for the replacement of the door /drum seal ?

Don't want to start 'diving-in'..taking all and sundry apart to find there is an easier way :oops:

cheers

Sponsored Links
Whole front panel comes off giving easy access.
Take out screws from bottom of front panel, take out screws from soap dispenser, detach facia, take out panel screws at top.

not forgetting to remove lid, and screw tha hold programme select knob first

ok thanks , but being as the seal is attached to the front panel do you leave it attached to it and it comes away with it ?? how is it in relation to the drum ??

do you also need to take the top of the machine off to gain access to panel screws etc ??

thanks again

Sponsored Links
Take the seal retaining ring off and disconnect the seal from the front panel. Taking the lid off makes it a little easier to take the facia off.
Once the facia is off you'll see the other screws.
Other than that .................... you're on your own.

oh and make sure its the right way up, being a wd it does help

what's 'the right way up' ?????

and how easy is it to take the seal retaining ring off ?? any tips ?

cheers

Please go and have a look at the job you want to do.
You're last post is asking for tips on how to unscrew a screw.

You should by now have all the information you need to carry out the job.
If you get stuck, then by all means come back and ask.

breezer said:
not forgetting to remove lid, and screw tha hold programme select knob first

That's an older model mate. This one has push on knobs and facia clips/hooks onto right hand side.

thanks for info ...got the old seal off thanks to your input ..BUT the idiot at the repair shop sold me the wrong seal ( before I had removed old ) ...it was for a wma , not a wd !!!

should of thought something up when he said didn't need to take the front panel off, even after I said had been told I had to for access !!

anyhow , have to wait till wed before gets a replacement !!!

Is it easy to fit ..any tips ??

Front off on a WMA too. Much easier than trying to do it through the door.
However, back to yours.
Fitting is the reverse of taking it off. Nothing special at all.

thanks for help ..just got new seal and fitting it now .... only difficulty I'm finding is fitting the steel clip around the seal and clipping it into the top 'white connection block ' ! This white block is still attached to machine, so positioning the steel wire around the seal and trying to clip it into place !!
( not the screwed clip )

Any tips ???? before I break / split something ?

cheers

UPDATE : SORTED !!! no-one mentioned about taking the clip apart !!!

Wish I'd read your post right to the end, would've saved typing out instructions :LOL: :oops:

That was the nd thing i learnt at hp, I used to love going with my trainer to people who had got a seal and couln't do that bit, the secret is, .................

put a small squirt of washing up liquid in your hand and pull the wire through it first, slips on easy then

the seal doesn't seem to fit that snug at top where there is some sort of 'plastic handle/casing' attached...the seal sort of overlaps this a bit and hence is not seated 100% against drum When the drum rotates either way it rubs against this part of the seal pulling it away from being flush with the drum !! ( does this make sense ??)

Also , although there are 3 small holes in bottom of the seal for the water to drain through, if caught in the seal , it doesn't drain away fully- slight bit left occ ..is this normal ??

any suggestions ??

thanks again guys :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back