1 radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 1 radiator not working, I have bleed this and turned it up to the highest setting on the temp guage. Any ideas as to what is wrong. All other work fine.

Sponsored Links
Sticking pin on the TRV [that valve you turned up!]. How handy are you? The repair could involve some WD40, pair of pliers or maybe just a [not too large] hammer!

Sponsored Links
Or an easier option could involve a telephone, a cup of tea and a cheque book!!!! :LOL:

Sticking pin on the TRV [that valve you turned up!]. How handy are you? The repair could involve some WD40, pair of pliers or maybe just a [not too large] hammer!

I have the same problem all radiatiors work apart from one!!!! It was working fine last winter! So what do I do with the pliers WD40?

Take the head off the trv and gently tap the pin with a hammer.

I removed the TRV, and checked the pin, and it's spring operation is working fine. I removed the pin erronously, and the radiator began to warm up, but once I replaced the pin it cooled down again.

Only one radiator doesn't work in the whole house (in my room!) and I can't work out what the problem is.

When the heating is on, are both tails feeding the rad hot, or just one?

...is the lockshield open at the other end of the rad?

The lockshield is definitely on. Only the pipe attached to the lockshield is warm. Like I said, it got warmer when water was bursting out of the TRV end (I accidentally took the pin out, although replaced it successfully, and checked it functioned properly).

Hi Guys, One rad wouldn't work for me. So i tried the suggested but broke the little metal pin end...so now i need a new one...what are these called and where would i get one?...B&Q?, while trying to fix it i broke the whole housing unit it sits in as well so i'm gonna need the whole valve that screw to rad :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back