Zanussi washer/dryer WDS 1183W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I need to change the bearings on this washer/dryer. After removing the pulley there is a small strange shaped fixing that is like an elongated nut with two flat sides and rounded ends (it could be the tub shell screw). Does anyone know how I can undo this please to access the bearings? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are you referring to the inner drum spider shaft?
To change the bearings you have to take the entire tub out, split the outer tub, take off the front half, take out the inner drum and then drift out front and rear bearings.

thanks.... quite an easy job then!!!

Seriously, I don't know if it is the inner drum spider shaft, all I have done is take off the belt from the 'pully?' (a wheel type thing with six spokes), undone the big nut & removed the wheel thing, then underneath that there is this other elongated nut in the centre of what looks like bearings which seem to be just under where the wheel was.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back