Problems with Baxi Baharma 100

Sorry, I could not remember exactly which gas valve the Bahama used.

The Genesis is a rebadged C&M Britony 80 but the Bahama is a unique design by C&M which as far as I know was only made under the Baxi badge. The design concepts are unfortunately identical with the same inherent problems plus not terribly reliable PCBs.

Its made worse because the PCB functions are inextricably linked between the boards which makes locating the exact cause even more difficult.

Tony

Sponsored Links
What a pile of cack these boilers are. First time i worked on one was friday just past, spent 3 HOURS on the damn thing fixing leak after leak after leak blah blah, before finally getting down to fitting the parts it req'd.

Anyways, u mentioned u changed the h/w flow switch. If u refer to "changing the flow switches" in the mi's u will see that it is req'd to change both switches at same time. This is not very clear btw, worse still if u have no mi's !! Could be air in the boiler making it boil, as i assume u drainded the ch to check water quality ? Same thing happened to me till i discovered the aav was duffed. Worth checking.

Trance Nation said:
What a pile of cack these boilers are. First time i worked on one was friday just past, spent 3 HOURS on the damn thing fixing leak after leak after leak blah blah, before finally getting down to fitting the parts it req'd.

Anyways, u mentioned u changed the h/w flow switch. If u refer to "changing the flow switches" in the mi's u will see that it is req'd to change both switches at same time. This is not very clear btw, worse still if u have no mi's !! Could be air in the boiler making it boil, as i assume u drainded the ch to check water quality ? Same thing happened to me till i discovered the aav was duffed. Worth checking.

yeah i have replaced both flow switches on other bahamas before but i reccommended it to the customer that Baxi reccommend you change both but they are £20 a crack but tyhen again Baxi would :rolleyes: . So she said well just swap the 1 if thats all it needs. So if need be (which i don't think i do as the primary flow switch seems to work perfectly well) I may swap it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back