Dishwasher motor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher motor has finally given up!! The primary problem I a have is that there are no model numbers on the appliance. It is an integrated unit and the the only label is "Program 2000". It has an on & off switch and three programme lights programmed by one switch. I have removed the motor which is an

ASKOLL M95
ART 295106
COD 461972474391
0.70A CLT

It has a bayonet fitting to the water housing

My local retailer doesn't recognise the part & cannot help without an appliance reference.

I have read on this forum that the ASKOLL motors are problematic and that whirlpool now provide CESET motors as alternatives.

Can anybody advise where to get details of alternatives / suppliers / original parts etc.

Sponsored Links
You've described the drain pump. The ceset is a wash motor/pump.
The drain pump is still an askoll.

Appologies I should have been more specific. The motor I need to replace is for the Wash not the Drain.

Sponsored Links
In that case, I don't know of any Whirlpool appliance that has a baynot fitting for the wash motor/pump. One end is a screw on , the other crimped clip.
Unless you can find a model number you don't stand much of a chance getting a part.

OK, but that one isn't connected by a bayonet fitting, it's got a couple of hoses which use crimped clips.
I've actually got two of those askoll pumps here. I'll check the details on them to see if they are the same as yours.

This is what's printed on the two I have.
ASKOLL M95
ART 295106
COD 461972474391
0,70A C1 F

Two hoses. One to the tube heater and one to the sump.

Sounds like the same thing. My Motor housing connects to the manifold (the assy with the two hoses) via a bayonet arrangement. Basicaly 4 Lugs equally spaced around the housing. If you hold the motor and twist the manifold about an eighth of a revolution the two parts separate. The two hoses are as you say attached by crimped clips.

OK, got you now. No need to seperate the motor and pump. It's the same price for a motor and pump as it is for a motor.
I'll get the whirlpool part number for the ceset wash motor/pump next time I'm on the Whirlpool system. Around £80 or £90 if I remember.
The Askoll isn't available as a replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back