Whistling shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having read all the various posts about whistling pipes, I'm no closer to diagnosing my whistling problem; any suggestions appreciated:

I recently replumbed the house (in copper), and this included having a combi boiler installed (Ravenheat CSI 85A) and a new bathroom, including a thermostatic shower valve from Toolstation. They dont do the exact model now, but it is something like this:

http://www.toolstation.com/messages.html?code=86957&mainWin=1

Anyway, after about 2 or 3 months of everything working fine, the shower has developed an intermittent whistle. I say intermittant, as it doesn't always sound, and for some reason, it seems to happen in the evening rather than the morning! It's obviously linked to water pressure, as turning on the basin taps changes or stops the sound. Anyway, it's a really loud high-pitched sound, and it's driving us mad!!! Any suggestions?

Edit: I should point out that the whistling noise doesn't happen when the hot water taps are used; only the shower.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back