Hapless diy and b and q.

It bothers me that they sell thermocouples and gas fire fitting kits. Wrong message altogether. Joe public shouldn't be fitting open flued appliances.

I expect we've ALL used the sheds late or at a w/e though. I used to get all my small compression stuff from Wickes when they only sold Conex but I won't bother now it's cheap Italian stuff.
Amazes me what those places do sell - I saw leather washers. What the heck are they for :eek: ?

Sponsored Links
To give B&Q their due they do have large prominent notices saying boilers and gas fires must be installed by CORGI registered people.

The Plumb Centre and all the other merchants I have heard of all sell boilers to anyone without even asking if they are registered. They dont even have notices about requiring CORGI registration!

i once was in a plumb center branch and I overheard a guy being served saying he wanted a Cooker flex for a gas hob. :rolleyes: as he was installing one. Then the Plumb center guy replied NO. He said im not selling you a fitting that is going to be installed incorrectly by a non reg installer. So the guy argued a bit then left in a huff. I was quite suprised to see a plumb center employee say that. bet that doesn't happen very oftern.

Sponsored Links
That is indeed surprising, a Plumbcenter employee knowing what a cooker flex is. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back