Bahama mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On Saturday I diagnosed faulty flow switch/es on a Bahama.
When I left the house the boiler still worked for CH but not HW
Yesterday I went and fitted them.
When I walked through the door the guy told me he had tried to turn the boiler on and nothing happened so he turned it off again
Although it worked on Saturday the boiler would not light up at all now!
I immediately suspected the APS but when I looked at the front cover it seemed to be kinked out in the middle as if there had been an explosion in the boiler; yet inside was clean with no scorch marks. However the APS had turned into a big mess of molten plastic.

Just to complicate the issue, while I was working on it the guy was telling me about this dodgy lodger that had just done one with his hi-fi and I suspected for a while that this lodger had been hiding his drugs in there [I have seen that done before]

I called the guy at the spares shop who said that he has had customers complaining to baxi about these melting in the past.

Baxi dont do a metal alternative for this so when I replace the APS with another plastic one what's to stop it happening again?
Does anyone have an explanation for the 'exploding case'?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back