Heating Pump Fair Price quoted ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have recently been quoted £113 for a new pump for my 'Gloworm Hideaway 50' as it heats the hot water ok but fails to make it through the pump to heat the radiators (and its starting to get cold ;) but they said if it needs the pipes "Draining" aswell then the cost will increase to £163 total...Is this a fair price as I am blissfully unaware of the current costs of labour/plumbing costs..

Also, Just how much should I be looking at (roughly) for an old 3 piece standard bathroom to be ripped out and a new one fitted? The bathroom is small and the items will all be located in the same place as they are at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your help/advice

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit expensive to me, but it depends which pump they use. CH pumps run from about £25 to £50 depending on make, Grundfos being the most expensive. Allow another £50 to cover call-out and labour, perhaps a bit more if some draining is required. It may be that the existing pump is just stuck. Have you tried freeing it?

How can I free it ? It has 3 settings on a switch on the side. When it packed in a while ago on a certain setting I simply switched it to another and it worked ok,,,this is what I did until I had tried the pump on all 3 settings :( Thanks for the lightning response..

Sponsored Links
I think freeing pumps is covered in the FAQ topic, or maybe the Wiki.

Immediately above this on the topic list -

Sticky: Look Here First - FAQ

Later edit - sorry, it's not there. :oops:

You can try freeing the pump by removing the cover on the end of hte motor casing (usually a large disc with a screwdriver slot) to expose the end of the pump shaft. A smaller screwdriver may engage with the end of the shaft and allow you to twist it to and fro until it is free to move.

I`d drive to Norfolk and fit it for that price :LOL: But it is my Ancestral Home ;) I could be related to Wood-U-like :eek: Catfield.....Sutton East Ruston.............that`s why I`ve got big feet.......all those generations following the plough and treading the marshes :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back