Venturi shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

After placing a thread on here and reading others i am interested in the idea of a Venturi shower.

I have visited several sites on the matter which all appear to be a rehash of each other.

I believe i now understand the basic concept. So, what are the pitfalls? What are the specific conditions i need?

Generally, what do i need to know and consider before deciding that Venturi is the way to go?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
There are only two venturi showers on the market - the Trevi Boost and the New Team Jetstream. So decide which you prefer (the Trevi boost, unless you've got weird tastes), go to their web site and study the installation instructions. You can then see if you have the appropriate pressures available.

I will actually tell u the pressure which is:
The Trevi Boost cold water pressure:
1.5 bar minimum
3.0 bar maximum
hot water head:
-0.5 metres minimum
3.0 metres maximum
Also they are made for exposed pipes or hidden-I presume in your case it is hidden as its a new bathroom?

For specifications on the The New Team Jetrstream go to:

http://www.newteamshowers.com/proje...ductsVenturiJetStreamInstallation_Details.htm

Also whats not mentioned on this forum is the Croydex H20 as this is not on the market BUT you can get this off ebay if you cannot afford over £300 for the boost or £199 for the jetstream-the danger is u cannot get parts for it and it might not be as good as the others but this has never been discussed but is a venturi.

Thanks both for that.

I will check the specs against what is in the new house.

Are there any pitfalls with these showers? Are they reliable? Are they efficient? Are they equal to, worse than, better than other types of shower in the same price bracket?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back