Do we really need to replace our boiler?

Sponsored Links
Kaggy said:
Please feel free to pass on the details. ;)
I'll just send a link to this thread. If someone wants to contact you, it would help if your email were available in your profile (you'll find mine in my profile). Who knows, you might end up on Watchdog or something.

gas pipe up the stairwell this sounds as bad as the guy from norwich which was told he must have a combi and flued it through the living room surely theres a law against this?plus points r they will give them 200 pounds on trade in lol

Sponsored Links
Kaggy said:
Please feel free to pass on the details. ;)
Kaggy, still waiting for you to put an email address in your profile or email me with one. Otherwise how is anyone to contact you?

doitall said:
Where do they get their prices from :eek:

From a site survey initially, which is more than we are privvy to on an internet forum.

I am sorry - didn't mean to be rude. I have ticked the box to make my email available. Thanks again for your advice. Kaggy :oops:

That's OK, I've sent you an email to explain in more detail what I had in mind.

ollski said:
doitall said:
Where do they get their prices from :eek:

From a site survey initially, which is more than we are privvy to on an internet forum.

Would that be a good guess or see how much they can take the sucker for.

I really don't see an issue, you get a quote and you either accpet it or you don't. If money is an issue you shop around, if you wan't Bg you accept your quote.
No-one was lied to or mis-sold, a quote was given to replace an old open flued boiler with a modern, efficient, safer model. Mystifies me how anyone makes a living with boiler replacements as seemingly nobody actually requires one.

If that were true Ollski, I wouldn't have a problem, in fact to the contrary I used to love pricing behind them.

False selling, high pressure call it what you like, their sales team have a lot to answer for.

I've seen some steep ones dia thats true, but much less so recently. I've also seen plenty of independants sticking in huge quotes for jobs they don't fancy or because the customer looks minted. swings and roundabouts. Also many firms charge for quotes now...if thats not ott I don't know what is.

ollski said:
I've seen some steep ones dia thats true, but much less so recently. I've also seen plenty of independants sticking in huge quotes for jobs they don't fancy or because the customer looks minted. swings and roundabouts. Also many firms charge for quotes now...if thats not ott I don't know what is.

I agree there's a lot of sharks out theree.

Resent quote was my (84year old) mates boiler, £4k ish for a boiler swop, 3 man days.
The saleman got him to sign the paperwork and relieved him of a thousand quid, when I created merry hell, the manager admitted all it needed was the vent enlarging, the dam boiler isn't even in the house. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back